Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
Latekick
Grade 1

Tom Hambleton and TPR

Does anyone use the method that Hambleton and Schmidt preached and were very successful with?
If so please message me or email me. Id like to learn if anyone is successful with them and how they are used most effectively
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

What your talking of was a phase 1 and the very beginning of Satin's evolution of hcp. One immediate problem with it is it uses 1/5 for beaten lengths which isn't accurate at all but it kept the math simple. I made my own rating with this concept with precise ratings which enhanced it to a better level.

The 2nd problem with it is track to track adjustments and 3rd an accurate variant. These can also applied and should be to make it a better product.

Why brother with all this through because as a member of RDSS this is all done for you in the RDSS program. All you have to do is look at the EPR,FFR and CPR in RDSS. Additionally it is all automated and not prone to mistakes by the user as it is computer driven based on the line you have chosen. So if you want this it all there and with correct beaten lengths, variants and track to track adjustments. I review these readouts all the time and find them extremely useful as most ignore them.

Their book is an excellent read especially the advance concepts. There is more than just phase 1 to become a winner such as running styles, compounding of fractions into other factors etc. which are included in RDSS( line scores) and along with all the later phases.

Bottom line is use the phase one that is in RDSS for the complete version along with BL/BL , line scores and V/DC and you'll do well.
Mitch 44
Mitch44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
Latekick
Grade 1

Thanks Mitch, i knew what it was and that it was phase 1 i was just wondering if there were still any players using them without RDSS.
I personally only use RDSS but was interested to see if there were any players out there using TPR and making the numbers on their own
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

Got you Latekick. I'm sure their out there but don't know why someone wouldn't improve their game.

Good luck,
Mitch 44
Mitch44 is online now   Reply With Quote