Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 08-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Travers Stakes 2015

This could be one for the ages. Although several horses show up above American Pharoah on this BL/BL screen, I don't put too much stock in it. To Win the Travers or any high level G1 race, you should have won (and recently) high Grade 1 races! AP has done that in spades and diamonds while the others haven't (except Frosted's G1 Wood), and he has also beat over half the field before, some several times. Excepting Texas Red. It depends on trip and AP's current fitness.

I would not bet against AP based on these readouts. If compelled to bet, an Exacta Box on AP / Frosted / Texas Red provides for the possibility of an upset at the small price of possibly not breaking even on the Box if AP wins.

Should be VERY exciting!

Name:  SAR0829-11.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  177.3 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
rog9170
AlwNW1X

Stats

Nice Ted good choice.
rog9170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
Mitch44
Grade 1

Your correct Ted in reference to Amer. Ph. The other reason he is low in the readouts is that he is a very tractable horse that only does what he has to in order to win and never has seriously been challenged. Which is why he fooled me in the Derby and TC. He also may not be seriously challenged untill he meet older horses. The flip side is he hasn't had a break in training, shipped a lot and has never raced at Saratoga, all unknowns at extremely short odds.

ESP wise these are all confirmed SP & S types and the only possible one that has shown he can go with him is Upstart who may scratch. And if he does press him he has never showed he can finish good at 1 1/8 let alone at 10F, plus rumor is he may scratch. If not challenged he'll loaf on the lead and will have first run on the rest. A deadly combo.

The 4 & 7 are improving horses that could be there if Amer. Ph. is worn out ,dislikes the track etc. At this time of year you want a 3 yr. old to be improving and coming to hand. Problem is if he is over top etc. he may not even run 2nd.Small fun action bet 4& 7 over 2& 6 for ex. & enjoy the show.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Travers Stakes 2015

Hi, agree with rog9170 and Mitch44
In my judgment, #1 Upstart and #7 Keen Ice represent the greatest threats to the manner in which #2 American Pharoah will run this race -- and ultimately how it will unfold. If either or both force the pace, there is a solid possibility that #4 Texas Red and/or #6 Frosted will be there to pick up the pieces.

Good luck!

DSL
DocSartinLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
The Pook
Grade 1

In the MC challenge today there is a horse at PRX in the sixth who has won three in a row. The Hat once said he disregarded a horse going for his fourth. He doesn't seem to fit anyway so he is being ignored. American Pharaoh in the Travers should be disregarded?

Dare I.

Ted has shown that AP isn't atop the BLBL.

Even the great Secretariat lost occasionally. Could Texas Red be AP's Onion? Maybe worth a bet.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
Lt1
Grade 1

AP wasn't on top in the Haskill either if I remember I think he was tiered 4th there also on my bl/bl. He might be ripe for an upset with all the Coast to Coast trips but this race looks just like the Haskill and if gets out in front and can coast it will be tough to beat him.
Tim
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

yes

Yes Tim
I had AP tier 4 on BLBl but 3 on VDC
In the Haskell using the Preakness Pace Line

Hello from Birmingham Alabama
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #8
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Bill how you doing?. Yes that's sound like what I had for the Haskell.
Tim
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #9
wagercapper
Winner

Travers screenshot with results

My Travers BL/BL for 2015:
Attached Images

wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote