|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 639
|
Hollywood installing "cushion track"
this to begin on july 16th and will be ready for the fall meet there.
http://thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysn...64592&subsec=1 |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 206
|
I just read the link Forego. I gave up playing the cal tracks when simicasting became popular as they seem to card everything with 2 low odds favs in short fields. With this change however you could have ( by simply keeping a model) a real advantage over the crowd as Im sure they bet nothing but speed at HOL. This could be a real money wheel for you. Thanks for posting the link, I think in the fall Ill have to take a closer look at Inglewood myself
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 478
|
Hollywood does seem to have the small fields and the short priced favorites, but it seems as there are almost a couple carryovers in the pick six a week.
Quite a dichotomy. I have noticed over the years it seems like heavy chalk in the first few races of the day, then all heck breaks out come pick six time. In the article it stated Hollywood would be around for a long time, I had thought they would be closing down in 3 years, thus didn't really understand the huge investment in a new surface. I must have missed an update somewhere along the line. Good Luck to All, and thanks Binder for a great site. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
|
Hollywood Track Polytrack
I am going to start saving all the charts for this Hollywood meet and run them through the Energy Generator or Selector since data entry is easier with this program. Total Energy may be different on polytrack as well as MED%.
Like you say whoever can get a handle on this first stands to profit. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 340
|
All major CA surfaces will be Polytrack as mandated by the CA racing board.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 340
|
Cushion track another variation of "Polytrack" which is a brand name. I understand there are 4 diff types of this synthetic trk and itwill also be going on Kee surface as well as CA.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
|