Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2024, 04:36 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fergus, Canada
Posts: 1,785
Podcast Episodes School

From my Facebook page. Thought I would share it here!

Sorry I have been very absent in posting on this forum
I just wanted to stop by and say HI, and that I am doing well in school and also in life!!!



Last week for Week 5, I was assigned the "Podcaster" role for my weekly role in my Broadcast Radio program radio shifts.

And well, for those who know me best, would know I would never SHUT UP about horse racing, especially the handicapping and analytical part of it, so that was the topic I based it on for my podcasts.

I did 3 through the week, and put in on average about 5-6 hours each on production to make it sound like "real" podcast episodes.

It was a very tiring process, but I did manage to get a 95% on this assignment and was very proud in the end for how it all turned out!

Below are the 3 episodes which are:

Podcast #1- Thorpedo Anna
https://mega.nz/file/dOd1kbhZ#nkv3Pu...q2aWT61_m06xCc

Podcast #2- Seize The Grey
https://mega.nz/file/wS821ZzS#Wnox9X...F5upHTO19W668o

Podcast #3- How To Win At The Races
https://mega.nz/file/JPMCgDrT#NZ3GVq...Cc7zlwR1-FaKFc

So please have a listen for as little or as long as you can, and let me know what you think!

Thanks to everyone for your continuing love and support! ❤
Cheers 🥂
-Conley
__________________
Life is an adventure, enjoy it and live every day as if it were your last- Barb Craven
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2024, 11:36 PM   #2
dadams6357
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Downers Grove, Il
Posts: 526
Cant access podcast with links
would like to listen to them
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2024, 04:30 PM   #3
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fergus, Canada
Posts: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadams6357 View Post
Cant access podcast with links
would like to listen to them
Sorry about that!

Try this:

1: https://mega.nz/file/dOd1kbhZ#nkv3Pu...q2aWT61_m06xCc

2: https://mega.nz/file/wS821ZzS#Wnox9X...F5upHTO19W668o

3: https://mega.nz/file/JPMCgDrT#NZ3GVq...Cc7zlwR1-FaKFc
__________________
Life is an adventure, enjoy it and live every day as if it were your last- Barb Craven
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2024, 08:46 PM   #4
teb21
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 148
I have never listened to a podcast before so I have no frame of reference. I did enjoy them If I had a criticism it would be there may be too many attempts ar humor which may take away from the information you are presenting. Having said that and not wanting to discourage you fro podcasting I would continue to listen to future podcasts if you are to make any. You will never be wrong if you do the exact opposite of what works for me.
teb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2024, 11:29 PM   #5
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,451
Nice job Conley.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2024, 10:48 AM   #6
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fergus, Canada
Posts: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb21 View Post
I have never listened to a podcast before so I have no frame of reference. I did enjoy them If I had a criticism it would be there may be too many attempts ar humor which may take away from the information you are presenting. Having said that and not wanting to discourage you fro podcasting I would continue to listen to future podcasts if you are to make any. You will never be wrong if you do the exact opposite of what works for me.
Ok thank you for the feedback!
__________________
Life is an adventure, enjoy it and live every day as if it were your last- Barb Craven
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2024, 10:49 AM   #7
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fergus, Canada
Posts: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Nice job Conley.
Tim
Thank you LT/Tim!!
__________________
Life is an adventure, enjoy it and live every day as if it were your last- Barb Craven
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 05:39 PM   #8
The Pook
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Loretto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,796
Conley,

Listened to all three. Thanks for your insights into the upcoming Breeders Cup with those horse profiles.

Might you be the Lex Fridman of the horse racing podcast world? Perhaps. You have a good broadcast voice. The pace of the podcasts is good. As mentioned above though, I think you have too many sound interjections. A few are okay but too many interrupt the flow.

Keep at it. Its good to see young people keenly interested in this sport. Maybe one day you will host or cohost the pre-race show at Woodbine. Jeff Bratt won’t be there forever.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 08:23 PM   #9
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fergus, Canada
Posts: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Conley,

Listened to all three. Thanks for your insights into the upcoming Breeders Cup with those horse profiles.

Might you be the Lex Fridman of the horse racing podcast world? Perhaps. You have a good broadcast voice. The pace of the podcasts is good. As mentioned above though, I think you have too many sound interjections. A few are okay but too many interrupt the flow.

Keep at it. Its good to see young people keenly interested in this sport. Maybe one day you will host or cohost the pre-race show at Woodbine. Jeff Bratt won’t be there forever.

Pook
Thank you Pook for the thoughtful comments!

I’ve always dreamed of co-hosting with Jeff (Monique too until she got let go) and that’s my goal to finally get at that desk and show the world what a kid from the small town (not anymore lol) of Fergus is really about!
__________________
Life is an adventure, enjoy it and live every day as if it were your last- Barb Craven
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2024, 10:45 AM   #10
The Pook
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Loretto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Thank you Pook for the thoughtful comments!

I’ve always dreamed of co-hosting with Jeff (Monique too until she got let go) and that’s my goal to finally get at that desk and show the world what a kid from the small town (not anymore lol) of Fergus is really about!
So what happened there? One minute there is Moniique and then there is Elisa Blowe. They are both good but where did Moniique go?

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some old school factors that hold up Bill V. Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 5 10-31-2018 06:17 AM
Belmont old school Val 4 Bill V. Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 2 06-07-2015 05:07 PM
New Guy Here With Some Old School Tools toysago Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 0 12-31-2012 07:41 AM
Old School Phase1-KGEN Bill V. Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 21 03-10-2012 05:48 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.