Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

Shanes Method Using Thoromation

Would it be possible for anyone to send me the details of "Shanes" method using Thoromation?

I'm picking it up in bits and pieces.
Also, please describe how you get the designated place horse.

You can email me if you wish at:
dr.horse@verizon.net

Thanks for your help.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
Houndog
Grade 1

This may help

Parts got this from Forego. in a earlier post when I asked the same question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog
What is the Doc/Shane method in Thoromation? I might have read about it before here or in the Follow-Ups. Just don't remember at the moment.

Also Bill, were you able to capture THOROMATION screenshots with Screenhunter?

hi houndog. the doc and shane method is basically to use the thoromation screen and the 2 preplay screens only.

write down the top 2 on each screen. if a horse is in top 2 on all 3 screens he is automatic wager. in top 2 on 2 of the 3 screens a very strong horse. in top on one screen a horse who needs to be a price in order to wager on. what they did was add up the number of times a horse was in the top 2 and wager on the 2 best. their results were very good.

they stressed the importance of working very hard to limit contenders to four. they both said the thoromation works best when using four contenders. sometimes i get to five and can not get rid of the last guy so i take a chance and go with 5. shane especially said he was working races where he could keep things making sense. turf races had to have turf line contenders, sprints had to have sprint line contenders etc. i have carried this over and put the polytrack stuff as it's own seperate surface. only will work the polytrack races when my contenders all have polytrack lines.

for the life of me i can not find the followup. i will though and will let you know which one houndog.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1

DPH Designated Place Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
Would it be possible for anyone to send me the details of "Shanes" method using Thoromation?

I'm picking it up in bits and pieces.
Also, please describe how you get the designated place horse.

You can email me if you wish at:
dr.horse@verizon.net

Thanks for your help.
Parts, the DPH or ITM as Doc also referred to it is the horse that comes up first in the second panel on the EXDC and SP Pre-Play Screens. I suppose you could also make a case for a horse that was very close to the horse that came up first in the second panel.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User

I would personally like to thank Houndog and Forego for there help and dedication..
Also, I wish to recognize Rithie ahd Binder for there contributions as well.
Bills article on back to basics put my thought patterns in a new direction. His work with Validator 2006 yielded some incredible results. Hopefully, that program will be incorporated into Ted Cravens new offering.
I believe it would be a very strong tool. Ted has put in a lot of time and effort into his project and with the addition of Val2006, which is still a work in progress, should make it one of the best offerings available.

Ritchie's tireless efforts cannot be duplicated. His work with the Match-Up and the contest, which I so much enjoyed, should be applauded. He's helped and encouraged a lot of us, myself included.

This close knit group has been like family to me. We have a great bunch of people here.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
Forego
Grade 1

partsnut

hi partsnut. the houndog did me a big favor by posting all that.

partsnut i was struggling tremendously going back and forth between programs and methods. shoeless and bill really helped me out.

i use the doc-shane method of finding bets but before that i have to find races where i can limit my contenders to 4. this has been very important to me. i do not use the 2 adjust.strictly auto adjust.

i can offer these couple of tips that have helped my results. thats all i can really speak on.

a- i do best when i find races with well defined early horse(s). i use them as targets to find the other fast horses to enter into thoro. i am using some bradshaw here as i like to use only horses who have faced the early horses first call pace with some success. in a lot of races this makes contender and line selection very very easy.

b- my best results far and away are at santa anita. i do not know why but it is and i keep records.

here is a link partsnut http://www.speedfigures.com/reports_current.lasso

if you go there and register for free,you can get free pp's every day for santa anita and also the northern california track that is running. so my data costs right now are taken care of and these pp's are quite effective.

the one thing i should be doing and am not is model the various thoro screen readouts like muv and uxr. so maybe you can consider those parts.

i hope this helps. i truly believe what makes this site different from most racing sites is that there exists here a core of people that really want to see members win and are willing to share in order to help others when they struggle.

F.B.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
Houndog
Grade 1

Thoromation Worksheet

Forego, if you have Excel or a spreadsheet program that can open Excel Worksheets this can help you keep track of UXR, MUV, ME, and Mutual prices for you. The UXR, MUV, ME and Mutual prices will be averaged for you as you enter data. It is based much like what Doc had in one of the Follow-Ups.

This might be helpful for modeling purposes. This is nothing earth shattering but you or others who use Thoromation may find it convenient for keeping track of certain readouts. If you or anyone else thinks they can use this I will e-mail the worksheet to you. It is not large (about 60kb), and has tabs for the different distances on the bottom. You can also print it out if you want to take it to the track with you.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
tompkins
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog View Post
Parts, the DPH or ITM as Doc also referred to it is the horse that comes up first in the second panel on the EXDC and SP Pre-Play Screens. I suppose you could also make a case for a horse that was very close to the horse that came up first in the second panel.
The DPH is a great wagering option which often works at a price...PARTICULARLY in sprints and on bull rings.