Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 09-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Shoeless/Raw matching with Rdss

What follows is very cool and Jeff has asked me to post:

I wanted to show him exactly what I did when I used RDSS to raw match using the colors and the entire pp's.Exactly.

For myself I stressed the vital importance of only working races where an actual early style horse is used to project a 1c-2c pace ON THE LEAD. He saw I was very serious when at the end we only worked TWO races on the entire card (1 and 8).

So yesterday he downloaded the CT card for last night. We spent 90 minutes doing ONE race (the 1st). I showed him all the various screens and what they meant (stuff I did not know I told him so). Then we set up a beautiful proj pace that we worked the race around. We had FUN while doing this also talking about our moms and other stuff. It was VERY relaxed and comfortable.

I told him when we match right using pace lines that match our proj pace virually ALL winners will be in the top 3 total energy. fast horses win races. Period. Only exceptions are races where there are extreme positional matchup biases. Say 4 pure early and one sustained. Or the opposite 1 pure early and 4-5 sustained.

We got race 1 down to 3,4,8 with the 3,8 being "E" and the 4 a "P"(Shoe's designations!! Very good work btw). I had to run out but when I returned an email saying he liked the #4 in the matchup after checking the segments screen and positional styles we had made. This was before the race and he said he was putting 2 bucks on him. Result was the #4 winning and paying Jeff $13.20.

The first screenshot shows HIS lines used. Because the race winner was determined to be O.T.E. by Jeff (lone fast presser vs. 2 earlies)the Segments screen f3+Total pace readout factored STRONGLY in the final decision on WHO to bet. There was Shoe's winner ranked FIRST.

Now here is the really cool part.

I rang him up around the 4th race and told him to look at race 8 as I had seen a potential "go" with an early runner. HE took the lead and all I did with him was kinda supervise his selection of the early runner and the proj pace. Then I asked him to consider working the race alone using what we had done and see if anything hit him. I reminded him the POWER of FOCUSING on the top 3 total energy horses as final contenders for WIN and then using the various screens to help see if a clear bet exists. I also told him it is FINE to PASS a race he was unsure of.

Don't know what he did after he projected that pace as I was out for the night. What I do know is I received an email BEFORE the race ran saying
"Richie,Race 8 I'm coming up with 2,8,4 ". That is copied right from the email and as you see he listed them in HIS order.

2nd screen shot shows the result chart.

Most pleasing result on the ONLY 2 races on the card worth even looking at as far as having a solid early horse to proj pace from. PATIENCE baby patience.

Let me say something quick. Jeff is EXTREMELY knowledgeable with contenders/trainers on the CT circuit and USED this to help him throw out the #5 in race 1. Far as I see this is what you are supposed to do. Use the program/concepts to HELP you rather than being a slave to it.

Jeff also took the time to speak with my Mom for quite a while. I'll stop here please as Mom is very lonely. Thank you big bro.

Jeff you made me proud and as you see there is more than 1 way to skin the wagering cat

God Bless
Richie
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 09-06-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Jeff emailed me this morning and asked that I post this. I don't see why not.
ALL positive energy
----------------------------------
I would have normally posted this on pace and cap but being banned cannot do so.

I was very impressed with the way you handled teaching me the match up[i know it's only a start] and using it in conjunction with RDSS.I believe by what you are doing by teaching to pick pacelines from the pp's and then using RDSS as a tool to help make a wagering decision is the best way to do it.As you said use the computer program dont let it use you.Nobody really ever showed me how to use the program but after talking to you I see now where Ted has really done a great job and the color coding does make it a heck of alot easier to do the match up with.I think that Hat had trouble conveying his ideas of the match up because basically it came natural to him.While Richie[he would be the first to admit this] will never be exactly like Hat doing the match up I think he will end up being able to convey the ideas behind doing it better then Hat.Probably because he was taught how to do and not because it was something he could do by instinct.Anyway I think Richie and Ted have done a great job and wish them continued success.Jeff

You know I need to make a few suggestions

1)If the running times could also be shown in 1\5ths.For old timers like myself who were used to using the DRF it might make it more appealing to them.

2)I was thinking about this looking at the Bris pp's.Richie likes to concentrate on horses on the lead on the 1st and 2nd calls so why not have a filter on the pp's which would allow the user to be able just to see the horses pp's of horses that do this.

3)Include trainer stats which are very important such as 1st after claim and off layoff etc.If somehow you could get it to be meet specific that would be great.

4)I know you have probably heard this before but make you program be able to take Bris files.Think about it more programs out there are able to use bris files then trackmaster.You know that peoople will look at more then one program when they are handicapping.Im using RDSS now which is 2 bucks but I also download bris pp's as well most people wont do that.

5)Talk to Craig about being able to use his CJ figs in the RDSS program,they are really great numbers.

Sorry for all the hot air but these suggestions I feel could put you over the top even though they are from an old buzzard racing fan.
----------------------------------
Safe day everyone.

Last edited by Ted Craven; 09-06-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: better readability
Old 09-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

miss communication

Hi
Friend helping friends win

thats the cornerstone of Pace and Cap so its great to see Jeff
winning with Ted's fantastic program RDSS taught by Richie

I really hated to do what I had to do
Jeff

Just to clarify

You were not banned... I reloaded this post

The Truth

I felt you just needed a cooling off period.
Should I have given you a warning?
That might have helped. I should have maybe given myself a cooling off period too. Anyhow
I felt 10 days was a fair suspension time frame
I know you will not be posting on pace and cap anymore
but I did what I felt was needed
Things happen in life that don't work out
but I thank my mom and dad for there guidance and my love of the
lord that I can look at life with love, In my heart I know you are a good man
I have many great memories You did many great things More then I deserve
I will always have that.

Wishing you the best
and look forward to seeing you as a winner
down the road

Bill