Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Saturday -- February 7, 2009

Aqueduct Changes
Saturday February 7, 2009

The Main Track condition is now: Fast

The Turf Track condition is now: None

The weather at the Track is now: Fair, 31

1st: 5-8
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
I can see the first as one where all of us could come up with different pairs of horses - it seems tightly matched.

I tossed out the 6, the favorite, going instead with the best odds of the top three, leaving me with the 7 and the 9.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Bah.

Results at Aqueduct
Saturday February 7, 2009

Race: 1 Win Place Show
1st 2 Chernobyl Princess 16.40 6.90 3.60
2nd 6 I'llthinkofsumthin 3.80 2.60
3rd 4 Hope Street 4.00
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Full moon on the 9th. We can expect five days of things that don't make sense. Here's the first bomb:

TAM
Race: 2 Win Place Show
1st 3 Storming Carson 110.40 30.20 12.40
2nd 8 R True Lady 4.20 3.40
3rd 1 Flying Enough 4.00
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
Bah.

Results at Aqueduct
Saturday February 7, 2009

Race: 1 Win Place Show
1st 2 Chernobyl Princess 16.40 6.90 3.60
2nd 6 I'llthinkofsumthin 3.80 2.60
3rd 4 Hope Street 4.00
It's getting so that I may as well just blindly bet my highest-odds among the 5 horses once I've narrowed down the field. In tracking 34 sprints so far, the rankings in the different factors that comprise the line scores are fairly evenly split.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
AQU
Fourth race

I'll take the 6 horse and that one only. A tightly matched field with many in-form horses.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
OK Doc, this one is for you...

AQU
Fifth race

Doc Can Do
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Continuing my quest to burn up my bankroll on the inner dirt track, I'll take the 2 and the 5 in the seventh.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #9
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice
 
Charlie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
Hi Charles

Here are a couple of steps from Richie that may help put out the fire

Quote:
1) Get a projected pace following Jim's outline in the 5 step approach.

2) Once you have that 1c-2c proj pace move to the 1 horse and start asking questions of the horse in front of you. Prioritize pace lines run against your proj pace or faster. Those are the lines you ask the most questions about.

All the best
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Hi Charles

Here are a couple of steps from Richie that may help put out the fire




All the best
Thanks Charlie.
I was using that prior to the IDT meet.

The difficulty that I have with it on the IDT is that we get an inordinate amount of shippers during the winter, and trying to match fractional times from Philly, Monmouth, Meadowlands and Mountaineer is a daunting task. Not impossible I'm sure, but it (to me) was raising more questions than answers.

But of course, I remain open to any elaboration.

I'm presently looking at the first race, but still waiting for scratches before I make my finalization down to five contenders. But at the moment, I'm looking at Maven and Api Mohkat, both of whom may be able to take advantage of a pace duel if the three early types all stay in.

However, both seem to be ML favorites, but I'll wait before making any final decisions.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monday -- February 2, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 19 02-02-2009 03:33 PM
Sunday -- February 1, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 52 02-02-2009 05:43 AM
Saturday, January 24, 2009 clore1030 Selections 24 01-24-2009 05:37 PM
Saturday, January 10, 2009 clore1030 Selections 17 01-10-2009 03:32 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009 clore1030 Selections 41 01-03-2009 05:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 AM.