Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Sunday, February 15, 2009

AQU
First race

Looks like a very competitive field. I think it will be a tightly packed bunch turning for home. I'm going to give it to the 6 who has won on four different tracks in the last ten races.

I know that the last three outs don't look like much, so I'll just make an action bet. Ramon is jumping off to take the likely favorite, but Rajiv will do in a pinch.

Last edited by clore1030; 02-15-2009 at 12:03 PM.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
hi Guys..

cant take AQU anymore..

phil 1st...#5
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
hi Guys..

cant take AQU anymore..

phil 1st...#5
I might not either after tomorrow. I'm spending too much time and money on it and may just wait for the spring to start again.

Unless I just start playing the bottom horse when I reduce the field to 5, that seems to be the way it's going.

Last edited by clore1030; 02-15-2009 at 12:36 PM.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
I might not either after tomorrow. I'm spending too much time and money on it and may just wait for the spring to start again.
take a shot at Gulfstream..always nice ...lots of betting oportunities
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
take a shot at Gulfstream..always nice ...lots of betting oportunities
I was thinking of that if only to enjoy the turf races.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
The Favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
I might not either after tomorrow. I'm spending too much time and money on it and may just wait for the spring to start again.

Unless I just start playing the bottom horse when I reduce the field to 5, that seems to be the way it's going.
Hi Clore

Its really a good thing to do There might just be something
better for you out there If It hapens often enough for you
It could be your paceline and contender selection is not working at
AQU but doing the exact same thing at another track might move
those winners up to the top But then again low ranked horses
with good readouts in the "total" corallarys and VDC reaout
often pay well

Good Skill
Bill V.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Clore

Its really a good thing to do There might just be something
better for you out there If It hapens often enough for you
It could be your paceline and contender selection is not working at
AQU but doing the exact same thing at another track might move
those winners up to the top But then again low ranked horses
with good readouts in the "total" corallarys and VDC reaout
often pay well

Good Skill
Bill V.
The thing is that I've not changed my approach to picking pace lines. Yet if you listen to the talking heads on TV, even they keep saying that the track has not been playing as it used to. They refer to it as being "more fair" which just may be why I'm getting so many 4th and 5th ranked horses showing up in the winner's circle.

I console myself by saying that at least I'm getting them in the top 5. Maybe I just need to change my betting strategy, I'm getting a lot of my selections coming in second.

For the second at AQU, despite coming from the parking lot, I'm going with the 5 horse. There appears to be a fair amount of speed in here.

EDITED TO ADD:
What was I saying?
The winner of the second was my fifth ranked horse, my selection came in second. The pattern continues.

Last edited by clore1030; 02-15-2009 at 01:03 PM.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
lines

Hi Clore
can you give me your top 5 and just the lines you used for race 2

Thanks
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Clore
can you give me your top 5 and just the lines you used for race 2

Thanks
Bill
Lemme see if I recall how to upload a pic:
Attached Images
 
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Philly Race 6 7 8 Pick 3

Sunday Race 6 7 8
Race 6 1 9 5
Race 7 1 2 4
Race 8 3 5 7
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday -- February 7, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 10 02-08-2009 11:34 AM
Thursday, February 5, 2009 clore1030 Selections 65 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
Monday -- February 2, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 19 02-02-2009 03:33 PM
Sunday -- February 1, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 52 02-02-2009 05:43 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2009 clore1030 Selections 24 01-18-2009 05:20 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.