Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > NewPace Discussion Forum (old)
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

NewPace Discussion Forum (old) An old discussion forum for users of Dave Schwartz' NewPace (as implemented in RDSS 2.0) circa 2011

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
EL 2.0 Questions , please

I am sorry, but since my return I tried very hard to stay in the background and post nothing at all, and when after tireless searching I could not find answers , then I would email Ted and ask him, well that is silly and Ted was gracious enough as always to answer them, but he is too busy doing much more important things to answer my emails, so I will go here and post this, as my excitement mounts for what the future here holds in store for us

RDSS 2.0 and EL 2.0 I believe 1 in the same yet separated too...



I know this is all in Beta testing, but I am also familiar with New Pace and Early/Late , both Dave's product's that I've used when using HSH and I did a few researching runs at Mountaineer/Charlestown and EVD and I either had a very bad start, or was not doing it the right way, because my numbers were nowhere near the numbers like what you guys get over here, like what RichieP did at EVD, and also how well you guys and gal here were working it over, putting it thru it's paces, no pun intended, but lately you stopped posting here in the forum, and yes I know Ted was redo-ing the EL 2.0 to incorporate better numbers to use, well I think they will better numbers because of where they are coming from, and my bet would be the hit rates will definetly increase with better figures being used, and also with better early horse's actually being designated as early horse's, I feel this will help too. ( please note this is not a stab at HSH, no not at all, it is just that over here in RDSS you guys took to this EL 2.0 so well and Ted has done so well incorporating it into his program and then there is the colors again , making it so easy to use and fun again, definitely not a poke at Dave or HSH, okay)


But having Days like this one that RichieP posted...this was awesome results

Here are the results from Thursday night after scratches.
4/28:
r1 - 5 cont - out
r2 - 5 cont - #1 l wins 12.40 #2 l places exacta 113.60
r3 - 4 cont - #2 l wins 23.40 #1 l places exacta 80.80
r4 - 5 cont - #2 l wins 6.80 #1 l places exacta 30.40
r5 - 4 cont - out
r6 - 5 cont - #1 e wins 4.80 2 e places exacta 20.00
r7 - 5 cont - #2 l wins 11.20
r8 - 5 cont - #1 e wins 4.80
r9 - 4 cont - #1 l wins 25.60 #2 e places exacta 330.80
r10- 5 cont - #2 e wins 21.20 #1 e places exacta 40.00


Could you imagine having nights like this on a regular basis, of course we couldn't as we all know this game evens itself out over time, but then... RichieP's opening week of Data was impressive , thanks Richie

Here is what Bill had to say, this too was encouraging to say the least..

Lets be open to this new idea. So far the 2 Es and 2Ls per race show 73% wins; 51% exactas and 25% trifectas. I have only done some of the ROI stuff but the exactas and tri's are positive and I think that 10c supers with the all button in position 4 will be too.

Bill

Then even after all this was done we have Dave doing this....The Change of Original Methodology ,and was post 21 and 22 of this thread htp://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7410&page=3

I felt he read alot of what you guys did hear and listened to you, he is good at that, something I am working on still, but tweaking things to work better is what makes this so much more , worth waiting for ,

To me this could only lead to better data numbers when Ted recalculates EL 2.0 using better and improved numbers, and I want to be a part of this and feel it will be a great addition to RDSS 2.0., but never a stand alone part , but 1 that will compliment each other perfectly, as TE and the BL/BL are pretty powerful now, as well as other assets of the program too.

My questions are this

1. Could we still get someone to post a track on the weekends for us to look at, as I noticed this is suppose to work every where, yet I have only seen reference to these tracks so far
KEE/TAM/WO/EVD/BEL/CD/SA,
But I could have missed them, but I would be interested in Monmouth and Calder too, please.

2. Is there anyone who could use any help with this BETA testing of EL 2.0, if so please let me know what I can do to help, as I have read the forum here a few times and really am impressed with the work done so far, extremely so (please note the following thou, I can not use an Excell or Open Office spreadsheet to well, nor could I figure the NewPace figures by hand either, I could only use the numbers that were generated by HSH or RDSS, )

3. Is there a time frame of when we could start using EL 2.0 in the future, like maybe in time for SAR or Del Mar, or maybe by Breeders Cup time, as I am once again fascinated by how this may work out, yet I am also well aware of how much work still needs to be done too, testing takes time and work.


Again Thank all of you for the hard work and dedication to this and everything here on RDSS, I hope 1 day to be able to help also, but for now I am like a kid in a Candy store waiting very impatiently...


Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
My questions are this

1. Could we still get someone to post a track on the weekends for us to look at, as I noticed this is suppose to work every where, yet I have only seen reference to these tracks so far
KEE/TAM/WO/EVD/BEL/CD/SA,
But I could have missed them, but I would be interested in Monmouth and Calder too, please.

2. Is there anyone who could use any help with this BETA testing of EL 2.0, if so please let me know what I can do to help, as I have read the forum here a few times and really am impressed with the work done so far, extremely so (please note the following thou, I can not use an Excell or Open Office spreadsheet to well, nor could I figure the NewPace figures by hand either, I could only use the numbers that were generated by HSH or RDSS, )

3. Is there a time frame of when we could start using EL 2.0 in the future, like maybe in time for SAR or Del Mar, or maybe by Breeders Cup time, as I am once again fascinated by how this may work out, yet I am also well aware of how much work still needs to be done too, testing takes time and work.

Patrick
Patrick,

I answered your questions 2 and 3 before: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=3 - Yes, you (and anyone) can help me test RDSS 2.0 Beta 1 (including EL 2.0 / NewPace) in July - you're on the list!

Re some races, say at Monmouth, I'll post a few today. Anyone else from the early testing brigade (i.e. the pioneers with the arrows in their backs) - feel free to also post a few! Here are some from Monmouth for today June 25: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7486

Patrick, just to clarify - RDSS 2.0 is NOT one and the same as EL 2.0 (NewPace) - RDSS is RDSS - the same readouts (and more) as you have now in RDSS 0.99.2, plus including a spruced up user-interface, much more stable, better able to expand into the future. I rewrote about 80% of the program and all of the user-interface. EL 2.0 is just one new screen implementing Dave Schwartz' NewPace concept - a novel take on identifying visually Early and visually Late running horses combined with a method of identifying a likely range of their final time speed ratings. I called it EL 2.0 (to rhyme with RDSS 2.0) but mostly because we already have the ever-important (and updated) Early/Late Differential screen which measures relative early/late energy disbursement (uninfluenced by visual running style). Sometimes you get a consensus, sometimes EL2 identifies odd-ball Late horses or Early horses who will just not finish first. It belongs in a methodology focused around pace and the matchup - and so that's why it's here.

I expect when the Summer testing releases are out, there will be lots more discussion and statistical testing of the various alternate ratings I am using in EL2.

Looking forward to your participation in all aspects of RDSS 2.0!

yours,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-25-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
rmath
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,676
Rdss2

Ted, I would be willing to help with the testing of RDSS2 in July in some way.
I do not have any experience with any automated form of record keeping as all of my records are kept manually. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to help in any way I can.
rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,249
Richard,

Absolutely! You're on the list and I'll get back to you (and everyone) ASAP!

And thanks.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Dave Schwartz
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 119
I am working an an "Update Letter" which will go out to all registered NewPace users as soon as I get enough content to fill out the letter.

This first issue will contain a handful of suggested changes to the original approach as well as any questions that have I have received in the past few weeks. If you have questions, do not hesitate to email them to me.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,249
Dave,

I am working through a rewrite of my initial treatment of NewPace in RDSS and will surely have a few questions or comments in the next week.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
Dave Schwartz
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 119
Ted,

Please fire them up. I am building up some new material and want to make sure all the bases are covered.


Dave
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
Ted,

Is it ok to discuss "Basics of Winning" in this section. I don't even know if anyone is even using it. I have just started to use it and it has been helping me win a few good ones even though I haven't yet completed week 2 and don't even yet know how to generate the reports using the spreadsheet (from open office).

Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,249
Ernie,

BOW is not really related to NewPace, and I'm not sure what restrictions Dave wishes to place on public discussion. Not all NewPace users here would also be BOW users.

If Dave S prefers it to be private, perhaps a new PaceandCap Forum for BOW discussion is in order. I haven't heard of one elsewhere.

Dave?

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
gl45
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 878
Can New Pace be profitable, and if so, how.
with only four contenders to choose how many type of bets can be made.
One more question:
how many times the favorites is in the NP four contenders.
Anyone?
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Ted Craven RDSS 3 09-16-2010 08:27 AM
Questions about 20 race cycles that you have done, please? pktruckdriver Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 1 07-16-2010 11:55 AM
E/L questions Rverge Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 5 01-15-2009 08:46 AM
APV Questions Turbulator RDSS 2 08-10-2008 10:26 AM
Unusual Pace Matchup Questions Frontrunners horsecharles Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 0 08-05-2008 10:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.