Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Search Forums
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 61 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: pianoman
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 08-23-2026, 11:21 AM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
Jeff, just a suggestion, I think it would be wise...

Jeff, just a suggestion, I think it would be wise to use the library. There is a wealth of material. The past four months I’ve READ (not skimmed) all of the follow ups from issue 28 to the last....
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 08-20-2026, 12:45 AM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
Jeff, I’m glad you started this thread. It’s been...

Jeff, I’m glad you started this thread. It’s been great for me to formalize some of my thoughts and feelings of the methodology. Sometimes I don’t believe we give enough thought to passing races. The...
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 08-17-2026, 04:30 PM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
Jeff, I use the Energy Generator, Entropy,...

Jeff, I use the Energy Generator, Entropy, Preplay & Phase 1 screens in conjunction with each other. Never cared about the Thoromation screen where the horses are animated. I pay attention to the Muv...
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 08-15-2026, 04:17 PM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
Unfortunately I having an issue with the Snip...

Unfortunately I having an issue with the Snip tool. Though I bet Saratoga Race 1. Paceline selection was the top pacelines for my contenders which it had the highest speed ratings. My selections in...
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 08-15-2026, 01:32 AM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
Follow up to my using Thoromation. Still going...

Follow up to my using Thoromation. Still going strong. I’m wagering less races which is good. Since retiring, I’m more particular of races that I have a wager. More win wagers than exotics. Good for...
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 08-04-2026, 10:12 PM
Replies: 39
Views: 10,177
Posted By pianoman
Amen! As Dan aptly put it. None of us wager the...

Amen! As Dan aptly put it. None of us wager the same way. We all have some preferences in selecting contenders and pacelines even though we’re under the umbrella of the methodology. Sartin said the...
Forum: RDSS - Leverage/Pace 07-31-2026, 04:07 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 6,053
Posted By pianoman
Fractal study

Hello all, also there was a brief article in Follow Up issue 67 where the writer gave a brief study of Fractals based on Bay Meadows races. You may want to view that.

Cheers,
Eric
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 07-20-2026, 02:51 PM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
Going back that far is not my cup of tea. But if...

Going back that far is not my cup of tea. But if it’s profitable to you, whom am I to say don’t do it.

pianoman
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 07-20-2026, 09:47 AM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
I stay within the last three pacelines and start...

I stay within the last three pacelines and start viewing the animals with the best DRF speed ratings. Then I decide how I expect the race to be won. Early or Other than Early.
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 07-10-2026, 01:18 PM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
I should have mentioned the Match Up manual as...

I should have mentioned the Match Up manual as well. Bradshaw in the manual was much more strict than Sartin in what constitutes a + race. He stated the horse had to finish 1st or 2nd or within 2 3/4...
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 07-09-2026, 10:26 AM
Replies: 48
Views: 9,042
Posted By pianoman
Thumbs up Hello Jeff & Dan and to others. I think the Pace...

Hello Jeff & Dan and to others. I think the Pace Line manual and also Pizzolla LASST are good places to start. Yes, Pizzolla took his methods from Sartin. No problem as if you read the foreword he...
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 06-30-2026, 07:53 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 5,782
Posted By pianoman
Hand entry or RDSS export

Hey Ray. Question. Are you entering data by hand using DRF. Or the export feature on RDSS?

Thanks, Eric
Forum: General Discussion 05-05-2026, 11:13 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,235
Posted By pianoman
You are correct, Mike. Somehow I had a blank on...

You are correct, Mike. Somehow I had a blank on the 19 horse and placed him second instead of seeing that he ran third. My bad. But I’m not return the money.

pianoman
Forum: General Discussion 05-05-2026, 08:23 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,235
Posted By pianoman
Hi Mike, This was Sartin's guidelines for ONLY...

Hi Mike, This was Sartin's guidelines for ONLY the Kentucky Derby for horses that finished 1st and / or 2nd in certain graded stakes. The 11 and 12 horses don't qualify. The 12 did finished third by...
Forum: General Discussion 05-04-2026, 08:01 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,235
Posted By pianoman
Kentucky Derby 2026

Did anyone noticed that by Doc's recommendation of selecting pace lines (1st and /or 2nd) from particular graded stakes, the exacta came from the three highest L/EP?
Forum: Speculator 03-24-2026, 08:39 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 7,852
Posted By pianoman
Trackmaster files

In the Trackmaster store the .exe files are still available for purchase at $1.75 per card. Discounts for larger orders. Thanks, Ted, for making spec160 still compatible for todays racing.
Forum: Speculator 03-20-2026, 09:44 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 7,852
Posted By pianoman
Thanks, Ray. I was using Parallels. I will look...

Thanks, Ray. I was using Parallels. I will look into Oracle.
Forum: Speculator 03-20-2026, 07:40 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 7,852
Posted By pianoman
Spec160 with DosBox

I'm attempting to use Spec160. I've setup the folders spec160 & trkmast on my C: drive. Spec160 opens but when I attempt to open the download I get error messages. Any way to make this work?
Forum: Software Support, Suggestions, Bugs 11-20-2025, 09:43 AM
Replies: 31
Views: 16,024
Posted By pianoman
I use VMware Fusion with Windows 10. I don’t plan...

I use VMware Fusion with Windows 10. I don’t plan on upgrading to 11 as long as 10 works.
Forum: General Discussion 08-22-2025, 11:42 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 5,332
Posted By pianoman
How to use RDSS using a MAC computer. I run...

How to use RDSS using a MAC computer. I run VMware Fusion with my iMac and/or MacBook
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 05-17-2025, 08:13 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,235
Posted By pianoman
Thanks, Ray. Any preference in the old DOS...

Thanks, Ray. Any preference in the old DOS programs?
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 05-16-2025, 11:38 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,235
Posted By pianoman
Hello Ray, are you using RDSS to export to...

Hello Ray, are you using RDSS to export to Entropy or hand entry? Thanks
Forum: General Discussion 05-16-2025, 11:29 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,136
Posted By pianoman
Great score. Congrats

Great score. Congrats
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 02-02-2024, 09:28 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 20,699
Posted By pianoman
Hello Ted, my "solution" was staring me in the...

Hello Ted, my "solution" was staring me in the face.I just need to go to the Config screen and make the adjustments that were bothering me. I'll make small wagers to see if this will work for me....
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 02-01-2024, 10:44 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 20,699
Posted By pianoman
Thanks Ted, the issue that bugs me is probably...

Thanks Ted, the issue that bugs me is probably the race and track variants. When I have the DRF and RDSS side by side, I’m just not confident with the readouts when Thoromation differs from RDSS...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44

 
Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.