|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
RDSS Hangs - SA 2/28 - Race6
It appears that RDSS 'hangs' when trying to assemble Race 6 at Santa Anita today Feb 28. It starts assembly but never finishes it and you can't move on to other actions - have to restart.
Something happens during automated paceline selection which is odd - not sure what, though there are some strange lines to choose from for this collection of Maiden Claimers. The solution is -- restart RDSS, choose any other race, go to the Paceline Selection Strategies tab and un-check the 'Select Pacelines During Race Assembly' box (if checked). Then re-assemble Race 6 (right-click on that race on the Card Summary Screen). RDSS will assemble the race but NOT select any pacelines - you can do that yourself. Then handicap the race. Then re-check that setting (if that's what you normally do). I'll investigate this further to understand what caused the problem. Good luck today! Ted (Manual line selection looks something like this.)
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 277
|
Very "glitchy" today. Same hanging problem on multiple cards, even after unchecking paceline box.
Other races appear like this. Working around it for now. Last week everything was fine. Chris |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 277
|
It appears Twinspires is conducting some site maintenance which isn't allowing the PL and PP numbers, for now. I will just reassemble later.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 277
|
On some races within a card, you need to shift the entries and past performances. Like above. The blank entry is the 1 horse, then 1 pps is actually 2 and so on. 7 has correct pps but is a duplicate to the 6 (because the 5 is actually the 6). Gotta stay on your toes today and double check I have my correct contenders. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 277
|
This is a bit of a challenge (gonna be worse when I start drinking).
The blank entry has the sire and dam of the 1 horse. The entry that shows the 1 horse has the correct name, jockey and trainer but has the sire and dam for the 2 horse. Fun time trying to make sure my P5 and P4s are what I want. Getting good practice today loading up screenshots tho. ![]() Chris |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 440
|
I don't have the weight, sire, and dam info at FairGrounds today.
I'll restart RDSS and see if that does the trick. Mike
__________________
just keeping my trajectory in the positive http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 440
|
Tried it again and got the same result (no weight, sire, & dam).
Everything else seems to be in order. I don't have RDSS getting the Twinspires Numbers or scratch info for me, and I set it so it doesn't auto-pick the pacelines when I tell it to assemble each race. Not sure if that previous sentence helps any. Mike
__________________
just keeping my trajectory in the positive http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 277
|
Just assembled Turfway. No issues, everything looks good. Will try to play that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Either the issue with accessing some data from TwinSpires resolved itself by the time I tested this (5:40pm PT) or the new version of RDSS which is soon to be in wider testing deals with it.
The above cited races seem to be displaying properly: Tip in case this happens again: 1. UNCHECK Get TS Ratings on the Config screen, Save then restart RDSS. 2. Re-assemble the card/race. If still a problem (Entries mis-displayed) - 3. Re-download, re-convert the card in the Data Centre (UNCHECK the Don't Duplicate box to FORCE a re-download, re-convert). I appreciate all reports of such incorrect displays or missing data. It will help me to make the new version as bullet-proof as possible. Thanks! Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 105
|
Hi Ted,
I need your help, I'm in the NHC tournament in Las Vegas, and My GP race #10 for 3/16/2025 is frozen, and I couldn't open the file. I did what you said above, but still could not open file, same thing for SA last race for 3/15/2025. Thank-you, Brian Eng |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Documentation - RDSS 2.2 | Ted Craven | RDSS Documentation -- All Versions | 3 | 07-03-2026 11:17 AM |
| Documentation / Installation for RECENT versions | Ted Craven | RDSS Documentation -- All Versions | 15 | 06-15-2024 09:47 AM |
| RDSS Subscription / Forum Re-organization | Ted Craven | RDSS | 1 | 03-07-2009 01:35 PM |
|