Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
FG - Friday 3/25 - Race 12

This looks like an interesting one. It is the 12th at Fair Grounds on Friday 3/25.

Huge field and appears to be quite a few competitive runners.

1) FPLR?
2) Projected pace?
3) Are there runners with multiple styles (E and OTE) against THIS proj pace or faster?
4) If YES to above what POSITION at the FIRST call do they run well from when running OTE?

Conditions, entries, APV and Class
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
...
Attached Images
     
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
,.,
Attached Images
     
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
//
Attached Images
   
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Whew!
Attached Images
   
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
I'm projecting pace off the #5 last race
22.2 - 46.3 ( fifths)

screenshot of the 3 "E" runners from last race - all at todays track/distance

Mmmmmm
Attached Images
   
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
work race

wow Rich what a tough race.
not feeling too strong about it but It really made me work

Here is my look

Mutlble running styles = I would say #2 Killa and 12 Champain Tommie

tandems

#12 Champain Tommie/ #2Killa
3/11/11 22.7 46.7 111.1

10 Miss Michelle/16 Miss Ego
2/18/11 22.5 46.1 111.7

projected pace from horse 12 last line also FPLR

22.7 46.7 111.1

Running styles

#1 Ide Be A Star sus
#2 Killa -S/Pres has run well from Position 4 5 6 and 7
#3 A.M. Dude EARLY e/p when in form 22.5
#4 Baquero slew Early 22.0
#5 Walk Away Ruler Early 22.5
#6 Emma's Crisis ugly slow
#7 Lil Lady Tee Early slow
#8 Early in form but slow
#9 Gotta wink Sus
#10 Miss Michelle S/P
#11 Popgoesthelady E/P 22.2
#12 Champain Tommie E/p Pres has run well from 3 and on
the lead but faded first off a layoff last race
#13 Justanothernight Slow
#14 Wishes for wishers Pres slow dist?
#15 Hanover Road EARLY 22.7
#16 Miss Ego ugly


with so many early - E/P runners and with some of them on the
outside of better ones inside but with major issues I will say the race will go OTE

In this race I will look for a good PRES or S/P

I see the race between the 5 2 and 12
i will go with the 2 and 12

GS
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Scratch the 14,15 and 16

Track listed fast
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
w/p #4 for moi
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Good morning…

I’m looking at the 5 and 12 as the earlies today and using #5’s last race as the projected pace (22.2 46.3).

#12 runs either on the lead or presses from 2nd or 3rd. #5 can win wire-to-wire but may not need the lead. It closed to be a close second 2-back against a 22.1 46.3. I prefer #5.

Of the OTE runners, I prefer #10. Held position versus 22.2 46.0 in the last race and a strong power move in line 5 versus 21.4 46.1.

I’ll take #5 for first and #10 for second.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friday Part II 20 race cycle pktruckdriver Selections 14 07-18-2010 09:46 AM
MF Friday Race Belmont race 7 5/28 Bill V. Races of Interest 1 05-28-2010 07:14 PM
Gulfstream Friday 1/8 2nd race 5.5 furlongs Bill Lyster Matchup Discussion 9 01-08-2010 01:48 PM
12f race Belmont Friday RichieP Matchup Discussion 11 06-05-2009 06:15 PM
Jim Bradshaw's 5 Step Approach to learning the Matchup RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 1 05-25-2009 09:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.